Monday, August 4, 2008

~First Day of School~

So this morning Nikolas and Riley went back to school! We woke up early and went to get donuts for breakfast, just Mom and the boys...Dad had to leave early for Phoenix. I can't believe that I am at home with 1 child. I was really looking forward to school starting, but it has only been an hour, and I already miss the boys; I can't wait for them to come home.
Riley asked me who I was going to sneak off to Panda Express with now that he was in school. Last year it was our tradition to go get lunch after I picked him up fom Pre-School. Hopefully Nate is up for lunch with mom!
I can't believe that Riley is in Kindergaten...I am always amazed at how the time flies! Riley is buying lunch from the cafeteria today...he wanted to be a big boy like Nikolas and buy lunch, so we'll see how it went when he gets home.
Isn't Nikolas quite the picture taker ?!?!?!? He is in class this year with most of his friends and a few girls from last year. YIKES!!!! Nikolas went to class today without even looking back at me to say bye, he is too independent for his mom...I needed one extra hug!
What a big boy sitting at his desk. I was a bit nervous leaving him because I didn't know if he would breakdown and start crying, but he was so good. Me, on the other had, well I got to my car and cried!
These are a couple of Nikolas and Riley's friends, Koby, Billy and Cameron (the little one who thinks he's ready for school). Koby and Nikolas are in the same class and Billy and Riley are in Kindergarten together, but have different teachers.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I have been thinking about the boys all day.....I can't believe Riley is in school. Crazy crazy. I bet it was so quiet around the house!! I'm sure he loved it and loves being so big like Nikolas. Nikolas is hilarious....you can tell that first day of school is no big deal for him....he's a pro!! :) How fun!

Amber said...

The cutest school boys ever! It's so weird to think Riley is in kindergarten now. And seeing the picture of Nate standing. . .I can't wait to see you guys.
Camryn and Nikolas are definitely cousins. . . little posers.

TheShumWAYS said...

So how is Riley liking it? How is mom handling only one kid at home? Have you started school yet?

Erin Campbell said...

Riley is LOVING school. He especially likes it when Nikolas picks him up and then I go through the line; I hate going through the line, but he likes it so I do it. What we moms do for our kids! BTW, cute blog, Mary!