Monday, August 18, 2008

~Adam Turned 30!!!~

So Adam turned 30 on Sunday, even if he doesn't want to admit it.  We celebrated on Thursday by going to the Kenny G concert at the Tim's Toyota Center.  It was so much fun!  We got there early enough to meet Kenny G and have him sign our t-shirts that we bought.  When Adam handed Kenny G his shirt he said, "I'm your biggest fan!"  He was grinning from ear to ear...it was so cute!  Because we bought 2 shirts, we were entered into a drawing to win a saxophone that was designed by    Kenny G, and if you won, you got to go up on stage and he would play a song on it and then you get to take it home.  Well, Adam spent the ENTIRE night thinking that he was going home with the sax, but in the end, we were two numbers off.  
Aside from meeting Kenny G, Adam's favorite part of the night was when the concert started and Kenny G played the sax right next to Adam.  Our seats were on the isle and Kenny G stood right in front of Adam and played for a couple of minutes!!!  It was really neat and a memorable way for Adam so celebrate such a memorable day!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Old Man! Just tonight we were at mom and dad's and talked about this story. We were all laughing about the whole meeting Kenny G story, and then being so excited thinking he was going to win the saxaphone. Only Adam!

TheShumWAYS said...

Happy big one Adam. Crazy to think that you are such a Kenny G fan, gald you got to see him so up close and personal!

Brittany said...

I am so fired!!! I have thought about the old man every single day since his birthday and have been meaning to call....but you know me and "meaning to call"!! Seriously though...Happy Birthday! And you don't have to call me on my birthday okay....I'll give you a freebee since I never called. maybe i should call right now!! :) I agree..this story is hilarious and SO Adam! Too bad you didn't get that on camera...."I'm your biggest fan!" Happy Belated Adam, I really am YOUR biggest fan!!