Having never experienced scouts and the derby's associated with scouts, I didn't know what to expect from the building experience or the actual race experience. I thought,
"I've seen 'Down and Derby', I know how crazy dad's get!"
Thankfully, Adam let Nikolas design and build his rocket, with a few suggestions, here and there...he's only 8!!!
The only
"My dad is taking over my rocket building experience"
we had was when Nikolas chose his color scheme...Adam relented quickly without even a glare from me!
This was the end result...
I was a nervous wreck all night since I couldn't be there (hence the LACK of pictures from the ACTUAL derby!)...I was busy with my Young Women.
At the end of the night, Nikolas and his rocket, which he named
STRIKER...
took 1st PLACE!!!
I'm so proud of Nikolas for all his hard work.
Now, it's time to get ready for the Pinewood Derby...here we go again!


3 comments:
Wow Nik! Nice job on the rocket.
Pretty cool stuff! We should see the dualing dads go at it again. Except I don't want a shop set up in my living room again. ~G
Nikolas good job! That's awesome!!! I'm sure Adam was just as excited as Nikolas. He looks so adorable in his scout shirt!
Post a Comment