Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend Fun

I was in single mom mode for Friday and Saturday...
Adam headed up to the mountains for some backpacking with a few of the other guys in the ward and the boys were NOT HAPPY about having to stay home.  I think Adam was also a bit sad to leave them home, he's looking forward to them getting a little older so that he can take them on longer hikes.
 The boys and I had a fun filled weekend of Scout activities, I KNOW, I said fun and scouts in the same sentence!!!  This weekend and so the boys and I attended Nikolas' first Blue and Gold banquet, alone.  Nikolas got his Bobcat Patch and Bishop Dalton turned him upside down and I pinned it on him, fun times.  
Nikolas also got a belt hook for ice skating, now mom just needs to get him the belt...
I just don't know if I'm ready for another trip to the Scout store!
Saturday, there was a Scout WinterFest up in Williams that I took the boys to.  
We experienced a lot of firsts on this trip:
First trip to Williams
First Scout trip with mom and the boys
First time trying White Wolf Soup (a first I don't recommend!)
Nate's first time sledding
First Scout Camp
First time making bird feeders
Riley's first time snow shoeing
Before getting on the road...Nate was already watching Thomas the Tank, or ChooChoo, as he says.
Riley trying the snow shoeing...I have video, but it won't upload :(


Nate made a friend...the cutest girl from our ward, Hannah, she was there with her dad and brother, we hung out, she was a big helper.  Nate carried his hot coco everywhere and had it all over his arms and belly.  

The boys had fun trying the obstacle course...they were really concentrating.

Nate loved sledding...I couldn't keep him off the hills.
So, yeah, that's me, Riley, and Nate on the sled, Riley got mad at me because I put my feet down because I thought we were going too fast.

Me and MY BOYS!!!  
For the record, I want to say that we had tons of fun and I think I was the COOLEST MOM, until we got home and had to clean up the car and do the laundry!   

5 comments:

Dotted Owl Crafts said...

Way to big wonder mom Erin! I was cursing Chad here and there that he was gone and that he pretended like I should be completely relaxed with nothing to do. HA!

Anonymous said...

Wow Erin! Look at you go. I am definately not looking forward to scouts with the same excitment.

keep klein-man said...

Way to go Erin! You guys look like you had a great time,

The Burtons said...

Go Erin!!! You are brave to do all that stuff on your own. I probably wouldn't have just rented a bunch of movies. It is hard to do things like that without somebody helping you. Good job!
This is just the beginning of scouting for you, huh! Be sure to pass along any helpful hints to me as you go.

Elizabeth said...

You are quite the go getter mom!! It looks like you had fun- even if you didn't enjoy the White Wolf Soup- dare I ask what's in it????