Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Traditions and Home Alone!

So we spent Christmas Eve as a family and enjoyed some of our own traditions and a few from Adam's family.  
We enjoyed Granny's Jalapino Poppers (Adam said they were the best ever, but that was just because the bacon was REALLY cooked!), lil smokies (the boys' favorite), Adam had an assortment of cheeses and sausage logs courtesy of Hickory Farms, and lots and lots of Christmas treats from our wonderful friends.  
We ate while watching Home Alone...the boys hadn't seen it and they laughed throughout the entire movie.  I am not too thrilled that we have the movie because Riley quotes from the movie all day!  
I hear him saying,
"Look what you did you little jerk!"
 or
 "Keep the change you filthy animal!" 
all the time and I just want to put soap in his mouth!  I never realized all the sayings in the movie before.
We had the annual Elf Hunt and unfortunately, it was uneventful, but the nice elves left some comfy PJ's.  Nate got Kung Fu Panda jammies and was so excited, but he kept trying to put the pants on his arms, it was really cute!
After the elf hunt, we watched the Polar Express and talked about the meaning of Christmas and read the Christmas Story.  
I am happy to say that Adam waited patiently to open his Christmas presents until Christmas Day (it was 12:01 a.m.), but I managed to get him stuff that he loved and surprised him (I think that is a first for our marriage!).
We woke up at like 7:30 on Christmas morning to find the boys in their room patiently waiting, fully dressed for the day!  I don't know where they got their restraint from, but it was cute, they wanted to let us sleep in.
The boys got lots of Lego sets and Nikolas just zoned out listening to his new iPod and just put all the sets together singing the whole time!  It was really cute.
Riley played Lego Indiana Jones on the Wii and watched movies on his iPod the whole day!  

2 comments:

Amber said...

That is a couple of big accomplishments for your family; Adam waited until Christmas day, and was actually surprised by your presents!

Brittany said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas Eve. How in the hek did you keep Adam from his presents until then??? Fun traditions. Lucky for the boys the elves found us out in Utah too! I can just picture Nikolas and Riley jammin out to their ipods all day.