So, this past week, Adam and I went to Milwaukee, Wisconsin for Adam's business meetings. Any way, we flew in on Monday and got home Thursday night and I think, Milwaukee is Adam's new FAVORITE city. We LOVED being downtown and we were only about a 15 minute walk from Lake Michigan. We walked there every night...
Adam ate cheese curd and I ate my carmel apple.
As you can see, the weather was not very good the day we got in. It was about 60 degrees and raining. The hotel gave us an umbrella and we walked to the lake. There wasn't too much to see because of the rain, but it was still a lot of fun. I had only packed sandals, so we had to find a mall so I could get some shoes. We found this really neat mall that went throughout 3 different buildings.
Here is the Pirate Ship (as the boys like to call it). I was walking along the lake one day and this ship was out in the harbor. It was so neat looking and I found out, on my last day, that you can actually pay to go for a ride on the boat. It was so pretty to see...I love boats.
I spent most of my time walking around the city...I think that I probably walked about 8 - 10 miles a day! My favorite place was the lake. I loved to watch the boats and I think that these boats are part of a local sailing school. I would love to learn to sail...it just seems like so much fun. I walked to Milwaukee's Third Ward, which is just on the other side of the freeway from downtown Milwaukee and was more artsy. I thought that it reminded me a lot of Prescott and the artsy stores and it had an eclectic feel. Aside from the Lake, I think that the campus and surrounding neighborhood of MSOE (Milwaukee School of Engineering) was BEAUTIFUL! There were these overgrown trees that were tall enough to cover the street with shade and the old style homes and cobble stone streets made you feel like you weren't in a big city at all.
...just another picture from my exploration of Milwaukee!
The smaller building is actually apartments. It was such a beautiful old looking building that overlooks the lake. Not a bad way to wake up every morning.


4 comments:
These pictures are sweet! and hello...why did i not know that you two were going to WI...Renae told me yesterday. How fun...nice getaway. Kyle's cousin Dave (his best friend) is in medical school there right now. I had no idea it was so cool there....you should move so we can come visit!
Love the pictures. It does look gorgeous there. You should buy that vespa scooter. You look
H O T.. hot! Sure Adam loved that one! We loved having the kids! Glad you two could get away! Next time you'll have to go to the store you were at last night and look for some sailor stuff. (:
You heard about that store, huh? Well, yeah, I looked for a "Banker" something, but Melissa and I decided that our husbands needed more exciting jobs! There was a nurse thing...does Ryan need a new Assistant?
How fun. That looks like a fun place to be a tourist. Too bad Adam had meetings and couldn't play the whole time. What a nice break for you two though! And my favorite was the scooter picture. I need one of those too.
Post a Comment